Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
1. What is your tentative topic? (“Gender” is too broad – try to identify a particular area to focus on. This may or may not end up as your actual essay topic.
2. What specific things do you want to know about your topic? What specific questions do you want to ask? Note that if you don’t have questions, it’s not a good topic idea.
3. Choose a source from the Research Guide that is related to your topic, and answer the questions a through e below:
Go to the Library’s homepage: http://library.minneapolis.edu
Scroll down a bit and click on Research Guides.
Click on the green tab labeled Find by Course
On the right hand side of this screen, scroll down to Course Guides and find English 1111: Focus on Gender. Search for articles from the BOOKS tab and/or the MAGAZINE & JOURNAL ARTICLES tab. Provide the following information about the source you’re using for this assignment:
a. complete citation information: title, author, publisher, publication date. If it’s an article, provide both the article title and the title of the book or journal where the article is published.
b. describe what KIND of source it is (for example, is it an article in an encyclopedia? an e-book? a journal article? are you unsure what it is?)
c. after briefly skimming the source, record its main point AND describe what you think is the purpose of this source (some purposes might be providing information, making an argument, stating an opinion, sharing study results)
d. explain why this source seems useful for YOUR tentative topic in particular
e. describe something (a fact, an idea) you learned from the source so far
NOTE that you MUST skim the sources to answer these questions. So don’t choose a print book for this exercise unless you’re going to go to the library physically and pull it off the shelf and read part of it.
4. What specific QUESTION do you want to answer about the topic you identified in question 1? Why do you think this question is interesting and important to answer, for your readers as well as for yourself?
5. Without further research, answer your question in one complete sentence. (Not a paragraph. A sentence. I’m not kidding. A sentence.)
Grading criteria for this exercise: You will do well if you
Follow all the steps of the assignment and complete all the parts.
Articulate your question clearly
Explain fully and specifically your interest in the project and its importance to your readers
Show that you have read (briefly) and understood the sourceyou chose
Show that you are reflecting on the preliminary steps and using them to move forward with your project
Avoid numerous errors in spelling and punctuation that might prevent me from understanding your ideas