Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
Everyone is to write a 2 page paper play review on a play they have SEEN whether online or in person. Here is a link to a full length play
or you can find one on your own. If you choose a play online it has to be a video of a play on a stage not the movie version of a play. However the live recording of Hamilton does count but not the movie version of In The Heights, that was a film not a recording of the theatrical performance that took place on a stage in a theatre.
Play Review (1-2 Pages Typed)The following are suggested questions.
Write a review of each play you are required to see for the class. Answer the following questions:
1. Title of play, name of playwright, name of theatre where production took place, name of producing organization that presented it; whether production is amateur, professional or a showcase. Attach the program. Write these answers on your paper.
2. Who was your favorite actor(ess) in the production? What was his/her name? What was the character’s name? Why did you like this performer? Was it the role you liked, or was it the actor’s performance? Did you like the way he or she looked? What was the actor doing that you thought was effective? For instance, did you sense the actor’s concentration, responsiveness to the other actors, playing actions instead of indicating emotions? Did you like the costume(s)? What about the way he or she used voice and body?
3. Was there a performer you didn’t like? What was his/her name? What didn’t you like about the performance? Please be specific.
4. What did you notice about the design elements? Costumes, Lighting, Set, Sound, Props all contribute to the overall meaning of the production. Please comment on at least two or more of these design elements.
5. Choose one or more of these questions, or comment on something else about the performance (BUT DON’T give a plot summary). Did you learn something from the production? How did it feel to be in the theatre? What were the themes in the play? Did you learn something about acting or theatre in general?