Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
Favorite Song Presentation:
During this class, we will cover a variety of styles and genres from the middle ages to the modern times. One of the more interesting parts of the course, is the opportunity to share your favorite song with me.
Submit a typed short essay answering the below questions. Be sure to include your artist’s name, the song name, the genre (rock, jazz country, etc.), and the year of the song at the top of the report. Then answer the questions below as well, to the best of your ability in a short, typed report. SUBMIT YOUR TYPED REPORT HERE IN VIEW BY THE DUE DATE.
1. What is the Title, Composer, and Genre of the song. (1 point)
2. Who is the performer/band and a little about them?
3. What is the general idea of the song text, in one sentence? (1 point).
4. Does the text reach a highpoint, and if so, where? Is there one line of the song that seems to be the most important? If so, what is it? (1 point).
5. What voices and instruments are used in this recording? How many are used? Solo voice? A choir of voices? (1 point).
6. How would you describe the main melody? What is its shape? Does it move by steps? By leaps? When does the shape of the melody change? (1 point).
7. How would you describe the rhythm of the melody? Is it busy, tranquil, consistent, shifting? Are there places in the song where the rhythm gets noticeably busier or drastically slows down? (1 point).
8. What is the meter of the song? Is it duple or triple? Does the meter change? (1 point).
9. How would you describe the timbre of the singer’s voice? Describe if and when the timbre changes. (1 point).
10. What is the prevailing texture of this piece (homophonic, polyphonic, monophonic, or a combination of these three), and does it change at any point? (1 point).
• The final short essay must be your own creation, 300–350 words, free of typos and spelling errors (following the rules of proper English grammar), and submitted through View.