Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
Read chapter 4 – 9 of The Great Gatsby. https://www.planetebook.com/free-ebooks/the-great-gatsby.pdf
Questions: 1) Speaking to Nick about Daisy, Gatsby says, “I feel far away from here. It’s hard to make her understand” (111). What does this statement say about Gatsby? How does this explain the green light at the end of the dock a bit clearer?
2) In chapter 6, Nick says that Gatsby “sprang from his Platonic conception of himself” (99). In that same paragraph he explains a bit more of what he thinks of Gatsby; what is he saying about Gatsby? 3) How are Gatsby and Tom alike? How are they different? Given the extremely negative light in which Tom is portrayed throughout the novel, why might Daisy choose to remain with him instead of leaving him for Gatsby?
4) At one point in chapter six, Nick says he “Believed everything and nothing him” (102) about Gatsby. What does he mean by that?
5) In chapter 8 we learn that perhaps Gatsby was “living too long for with a single dream” (162) and in chapter 9 his father shows Nick a page from his journal he kept growing up (174). What sort of picture does this paint of Gatsby?
6) How does The Great Gatsby relate to current society? Is the novel still relevant?
7) Does this novel have villains and heroes? Why, why not? If yes, who fits into these categories and why? 8) What do you make of the final line of the novel:
“Gatsby believed in the green light, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then, but that’s no matter – to-morrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther…And one fine morning –
So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.”