Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, At affordable rates
The perduasive speech topic is “Student debts should be forgiven”
1. Your general purpose for this speech is to persuade the audience to support a policy, a
cause, an event, etc. Specifically, you are to persuade your audience to advocate for some
significant and current social, political, or economic problem facing the world today. Be sure
to consider the audience. Your topic needs to be relevant and timely and move us towards
tangible change and action.
2. You must use an organizational pattern of persuasion for policy. For this speech, I expect
you will use problem-solution.
3. Your speech must show evidence of quality research. The minimum number of sources is
You will need a minimum of 2 scholarly sources
You may not have more than 2 websites
In order to receive full credit for a source a student must answer the following questions
when orally citing: Who said it? How is the author credible? When did they say it? Where
did they say it?
4. You must use appropriate types of support in the speech. This is not a speech of opinion.
You need to provide more than a summary of your perspective. You need to use the
following: examples, analogies (comparisons, perspective, contrasts also count), statistics,
and testimony. Make sure you identify them in your text by adding (testimony) at the end of
the sentence for example or by underlining them or however else you want to label them. Be
sure to provide a claim, support, and a warrant for your arguments.
6. Be sure your introduction accomplishes all of the goals that it should. In other words, use an
attention-getter, reveal your topic, establish the relevance of your topic, explain your
credibility on the subject matter, and preview your main points.
7. Be sure the conclusion accomplishes all of its goals. Provide a summary, activate your
audience, and refer to your attention-getter to provide closure.
8. Be sure to use transitions in the appropriate places in the speech. This includes transition
from the introduction to the body, from the body to the conclusion, and internally within the
speech. Work on internal previews and summaries – use signposts and follow the 4 S’s
strategy = Signpost, State, Support, Summarize.
9. You will prepare a formal outline. Your formal outline should be detailed and complete. It
must be written in complete sentences and use proper APA.